Not all treats are for kids.
Have a martini.
Bourbon Cider Cocktail (adapted from Northern Virginia Magazine)
Ingredients: (for 1 drink)
2 oz bourbon
1 oz spiced apple cider (or 6 oz for hot toddy)
Juice of 1/2 a lemon
2 sage leaves (one torn, one whole for garnish)
2 tablespoons cinnamon
2 tablespoons sugar
1. Combine the rimming ingredients on a small plate. Using the lemon, wet the edge of a martini glass. Dip the rim of the glass into the cinnamon and sugar.
2. In a shaker, combine the torn sage leaves, lemon juice, cider (1 ounce) and bourbon with a handfull of ice. Shake and pour into martini glass. Serve with floating sage leaf.
3. If you want it hot, heat the cider (6 ounces), bourbon (2 ounces or adjust to your liking), lemon juice, and sage in a pot on the stove. Strain out the sage leaves and serve into a mug with a ladle.
1. See that biscotti up there? That was failed attempt 1,348,727 of gluten free pumpkin biscotti. They were edible but not bloggable. Working on it.
2. Today might be my favorite Facebook day of the year. I love all the pictures of kids in costume! Happy Halloween! Please share!
Posted on October 31, 2012