This is really quite simple. Ready?
Serve and enjoy!
Happy Valentine’s Day!
Whiskey Sour Slush (adapted from Cooking Light)
8oz fresh or frozen cranberries
1 cup orange juice
1/2-3/4 cups 80-proof bourbon
Juice of 2 lemons
1/2 cup sugar (optional- see note 2 below)
Directions (without sugar):
1. Blend cranberries, oj, bourbon and lemon juice in a blender.
2. Strain through a fine mesh sieve to remove seeds. Push the mixture through using a rubber spatula.
3. Freeze the strained mixture.
4. When frozen, scrape with a fork, divide into four glasses and enjoy.
1. I LOVE sour things. Sour patch kids kept me alive in college. I would even lick the sugar at the bottom of the
bag. You’re judging me right now, and I’m ok with it. I loved these without any sugar but warning…they are tart. Like, my mouth is puckering just thinking about them.
2. Most normal people would probably enjoy some sweetness. If so, heat the OJ and the sugar together on the stove until the sugar is dissolved, then proceed with the directions above.
3. Right from the freezer they’re less of a drink and more like an Italian ice. Let them sit for a bit before drinking and you’ll have yourself a grown-up slurpee.
Posted on February 12, 2013